This machine was designed by Shiggs Mapone, rumored to be the head of a mysterious underground development group known as EAD. Mapone took on the design of the Great Star with visions of it achieving F-Zero Grand Prix championship status. Mapone neglected stability when designing this machine, but added a very strong booster--he likely did this because he knew the pilot manning the machine would be a flawless android.
- Number: 09
- Creator: Shiggs Mapone
- Weight: 1870kg
- Body: E
- Boost: A
- Grip: D
- The Great Star's body weight seems to defy the body strength laws of F-Zero. Despite weighing 1870kg (4114 lb), it has an E in body strength.
- The Rolling Turtle has a reverse manner; despite weighing 999kg (2197.8 lb), it has an A in body strength.
- The stats of the ship reflect the pilot's name and the division of Nintendo that made the F-Zero games.
- "Shiggs Mapone" is a reference to Shigeru Miyamoto, producer of the F-Zero series.
- In his post-race interviews, Mr. EAD sadly states that the Great Star built using his brother's recycled parts.